Friday, January 23, 2009

Next Destination: Brazil

I'm packing for my next adventure and thinking about what experiences it will bring. I'm attending the World Social Forum in Belem, Brazil

Now many of you may think of me as a raging liberal, but in the world I am about to enter, I fear I will be considered, by comparison, an inexcusably conservative capitalist. An economist--horror of horrors. 

As I consider these questions about capitalism, sustainability, and happiness, I want to learn what those on the fringes have to say about it, and more importantly, what they plan to do about it. 

So, over the next few days I'll be telling you about the beautiful beaches and the magical Amazon forests, but most importantly, the people, ideas, and inspiration I find at the World Social Forum.

No comments: